Monday, August 3, 2009

Precious Jewelry

All that chic modernism had me REALLY hankering for some cheesy seventies stuff.

All these puppies went up on Etsy, along with new Maneki Neko necklaces.















Confession time.

I have a latent modernist streak. I love vintage, romance, junk stores, scouring, scavenging. I'm not going anywhere. But sometimes more is more and sometimes less is more.

I'm also a beader at heart and I love beadweaving and I missed it so much lately that I have started another line:

Enso is a higher-end alternative to the costume line at bombalurina, utilizing precious metal, 22K plated glass cylinder beads and semiprecious gemstones. Take a fast peek -you'll be surprised.





Pushing into more vintage revamps, I decided it was time to make this coro bracelet a part of something bigger and grander.

I love camo colors, olives greens and blacks. I wanted to do something that was both really outre and really sophisticated in palette.

This resulted.





I'm really pleased. It does lie right, it just wasn't at the time of shooting - I may re-take those. Such is the low-budget life of a designer with no model - camera at arms length might be proving a little too lazy-ass but I wanted to get it up on Etsy. I think my favorite part of this was the recognition that the brooch I just designed is the perfect focal for this. I also like the introduction of the blue stones, so it's not too monochrome.




A recent revamp. Usually I'm about more-is-more. This is not one of those times.

It deserved a really nice goldfilled chain.

In other jewelry news, there's a cubic right angle weave breakdown in the latest step by step beads - normally not my favorite magazine. But this has me quite excited - I've tried to puzzle that out on my own to no avail.

No comments:

Post a Comment