Monday, August 3, 2009

Precious Things


i love our scottish sunlight
the way it filters in through my windows
sometimes i creep after it as it moves from room to room
to sit in its golden warmth, curled up with a book

i love my rings, each holds delicious memories
all threaded onto the tiny wooden ring tree
my green eyed girl gave to me one day to make me smile.
the bottom two rings belonged to my sweet grandma, Mary Day
from whom i learnt my love of fairies, wild flowers, folksong . . .

i love old keys & collect them, imagine the stories they coud tell
Dad has discovered some beauties for me over the years
he found this tiny one at the art gallery
hidden & forgotten lying there between the floorboards
i love round things,
they have a habit of creeping into our wee house
such varied textures, patterns, colours
so tactile, and pleasing to my eye


i love bells, deep resonating ones,

No comments:

Post a Comment